Thursday, May 12, 2016

It's a Two A.M. Kind of Thing

What I was really doing was looking for a better way to write in my journal. I suck at it. I have probably five different journals, starting at the age of 8 till now, all unfinished and spotty. What makes me think that I will be better at a blog? (I do have 2 of these as well.) Who knows. It might just be the same but it's worth a shot.

Grant, my husband, and I just finished a children's book that he has to do for his Infant and Toddler's class, and it was a blast. We were laying in bed, both our minds racing so sleep wasn't coming anytime soon. (Must I also mention that I am on oxycodone for kidney stone removal?) I wanted to record how much fun this night was, for my future kids and well lets be honest, for me too. This idea popped into my head, "Start a blog!" Okay then! I'll start a blog. Its May, so not the best time to set new years resolutions but maybe this one will stick.

My name is Charlene Ward. I am recently married to Grant Ward. We're both twenty-three, both have the same favorite color, which is blue. He's a handsome tall red head, I'm a short spunky burnette. We both love corgis and really just love living life! We have a great LONG love story so remind me to tell you it some time. We also have to many plans to count and this is going to be a great opportunity to get them all down.

Now, it is late and the whole idea behind this blog was to get down our great activity we did tonight.

I have only a short 15 minutes for a break, just enough time to pick up Grant, give him a few kisses, and have him drive away with the Jeep. I guess we also have a little time to exchange a few words. He explained that for his class (mentioned above) he needed to make a children's book. Us being both artists we knew it would be fun. He showed me this short story of a boat on Pinterest. He explained that he would do some watercolor background, I chimed in that I could do an ink boat and details to his watercolor and BOOM masterpiece made! It was then time for me to head back to work.

I love my job. I work as a librarian at Madison Library District in Rexburg, ID. For my long 5 hours I sit at a desk, such tedious work I know. I am mostly over of the ordering, that could mean books, office supplies, or fun stuff for the library. This takes up about an hour of my time so I find myself with a lot of free-time. (Which is another reason I thought this blog would be good. That way it LOOKS like I'm doing something.) Don't worry, I don't fool around. I can usually ask another librarian what they need help with and there ya go, time is filled. However, I had finished my work and with no librarians to ask (I close Wednesday nights) I had an hour and half to find something to do. BUT! This is not relevant. It doesn't matter what I did, I'm getting carried away.

Grant picked me up from work and we came home to our beautiful but small apartment. I wasn't feeling so great (remember I am passing a kidney stone) but I knew that Grant had tons of homework so I offered to cook dinner. It was just a basic white rue sauce over cooked noodles. While I cooked, Grant worked on his water-coloring. He's really great at it, and yes pictures will be provided. When dinner was ready we sat down to eat, put in The Lady in the Van. It super good by the way. After we finished eating we focused on our children's book, with the Lady in the Van playing in the background. It was delightful! Art just does something to you that is almost impossible to describe. I didn't focus on how bad I felt and suddenly had more energy then needed (clearly, its almost two-thirty in the morning).

We didn't finish the book tonight (just a little more script), nor the Lady in the Van (which I highly recommend) but it left both of us content while laying in bed ready, but not quite ready, for bed.

I will take pictures of the book at a more decent hour. But until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment