Thursday, July 7, 2016

So We Like To Camp...


So it’s been awhile. This summer has turned out more hectic then I thought. It’s going to have to be a quick update of our adventures since I last updated.

Camping is Grant and I’s thing. We do it as much as we can whenever my work or his school will let us. That is what we did Memorial Day weekend. Of course Grant had to go and slice his hand open before our escapade. I had just got to work and I saw I missed a call from Grant and then another call coming in. “Shar, can you come home? I cut myself real bad and might need stitches.” I zoomed home, there was my husband with a make shift bandage on his finger with it raised in the air, the blood from his face gone. We pulled out our tiny first aid kit and bandaged it up as much as we could. Neither of us could tell if he would need stitches or not so I called the wisest person I know, my mom! I sent her a picture and both my dad and my mom agreed that stitches weren’t needed. So we went to the store bought more gauze and tape and went camping. Since then it’s healed really good and is now only a gnarly scar.



Memorial Day weekend was the second time we went camping and our family came along with us. There is quite a few of us up here in the cold eastern part of Idaho. On my side I have my sister, Brittney, and my brother-in-law, Jordan, (who happens to also be Grant's brother, remind me to tell you that story sometime) and their two boys, Joshua and Jack, and two of my younger sisters, Josie and Alex. Then on Grant's side there is his sister, Sarahbeth, and her husband, Tim, with their two boys, Joshua and Gabriel, and his older brother, Derek. It was definitely a party! It was pretty cool to have everyone there. We’ve gone camping three more time since then twice on our own and then with family this great 4th of July weekend. But I am getting ahead of myself.















The weekend after Memorial Day there was the Grand Teton Marathon. My sister Brittney and Sarahbeth did the 5k, , Tim and Jordan, and my handsome husband did the 10k. Grant did great! Unfortunately the crew wasn’t clear on when you needed to turn and Grant and Jordan ran an extra mile or so before realizing the mistake. If they hadn’t done so their times would have been great and that’s the thing, they were great with the mile, think about how good they would have been without. Last but not least we had one run the marathon, which was Derek. We were all so proud of him. And me? Well I watched the kids. There were games and bouncy houses and food. Super easy job!(:












The next weekends went like this: Camping, more camping, a quick visit to Utah for a baby shower and bridal shower and that brings me to this weekend. It was WONDERFUL! Probably one of my favorite 4th of July’s in a while. We went camping with Tim and Sarahbeth from Saturday till Sunday. The weather was fantastic, not to hot not to cold. It was in the beautiful Island Park. There’s just something about camping that makes Grant and I happy, and not just us but those mosquitos that love to feed on us.  Around 4 oclock in the morning on Sunday Tim and Sarahbeth’s dog Coco joined us in our tent to finish out the night. Being the crazy animal lover that I am, I drank it up! I had a little glimpse of our little corgi coming camping with us and snuggling with us at night.







Sunday we went to Mesa Falls with more of the family. We were joined by Brittney and Jordan and their kids. Though we were tired and hungry (our sandwiches had soaked up the ice water in our coolers) I enjoyed the beautiful falls. Soon enough it was time to go home. Once home we showered of that smoky smell and took an hour nap before rejoining the family for pulled pork dinner!

Monday, the wonderful 4th, little Rexburg had a HUGE parade (I mean like 2 or 3 hours long) which started at 10. Well, Grant and I didn’t get up till 10 but I’m proud to say we were at the parade by 10:15 showered and hair done! Quite a feat I might say AND the parade hadn’t started! It was so fun to have the nephews there soaking up all the cool cars, music, sun, and a ton of candy. I got my first sunburn of the summer. Again we all departed for lunch and our nap times and were back together come 6 for dinner and fireworks. Dinner and fireworks turned out perfect. Of course maybe a little fussing come bedtime but all in all I loved watching my little nephews glow with wonder at the fireworks. They are favorite. J













No comments:

Post a Comment